Monday 20 November 2017

Generating a Stock Idea - Special Situation

Generating a Stock Idea - Special Situation



This is a slightly complicated way of generating a stock idea. One has to follow companies, company related news, company events etc to generate an idea based on special situation. One example that I distinctly remember was that of Cox & Kings. You may know that Cox & Kings is one of the largest and the oldest tour operator in India. In late 2013, the company announced inclusion of Mr.Keki Mistry (from HDFC Bank) to its advisory board. Corporate India has an immense respect for him as he is known to be a very transparent and efficient business professional. A colleague of mine was convinced that Cox & Kings would benefit significantly with Mr. Keki Mistry on its board. This alone acted as a primary trigger for my colleague to investigate the stock further. Upon further research my colleague happily invested in Cox & Kings Limited. Good for my him, as I write this today I know he is sitting on a 200% gain.




No comments:

Post a Comment